WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE COLLECT IT?
Personal information is information that identifies you or reasonably can be linked to information that identifies you. For example, when you place an order online, we collect personal information, such as name, email address, phone number, and credit or debit card information.
Information We Collect. We may collect the following categories of personal information. Not all categories may be collected about every individual.
- Personal identifiers, such as name and address (when ordering)
- Device and online identifiers and related information
- Internet, application, and network activity, such as browser visits
- Financial information, such as credit and debit card numbers and payment information (when ordering)
- Purchase history information, such as products you have bought for yourself or others or returned
How We Collect Information.
Information Provided Directly by You. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information).
Information Collected from a Device Associated with You or Your Household. We use various technologies to collect information from your computer and about your activities on our site:
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access time and the referring website address.
- Cookies. When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising and content or other activities.
HOW DO WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
In general. We may use information that we collect about you to:
- Create and maintain your account
- Conduct auditing and monitoring of transactions and engagement
- Conduct marketing, personalization
- Protect the security and integrity of our websites, mobile services and our business, and help prevent fraud
- Update our operational and technical functionality
- Conduct business analysis, such as analytics, projections, identifying areas for operational improvement
- Conduct research and development
- Fulfill our legal function or obligations
Financial, Transaction and Payment Processing. We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases made on our website, enroll you in the discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal information we have collected about you or your activities on our website or while using our services.
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Authorized service providers. We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our website. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Other Situations: We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy. The personal information which you provide to us is an asset of BootleggersFootwear.com and may be included in the assets transferred in the event of a substantial corporate transaction.
Aggregated and non-personal information. We may share aggregated and pseudonymous information (pseudonymous information includes things like: device identifier, type of device, IP addresses, cookies and other information associated with your browsing) we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites.
Categories of Personal Information We Disclose to Each Type of Third Party:
We may share categories of your personal information with certain categories of third parties, as described below.
Those we are legally required to share with
- Demographic information
•Device and online identifiers and related information
•Individual preferences and characteristics
•Internet, application, and network activity
•Purchase history information
Service providers that receive data in order to provide services to us (e.g. technology providers, cloud storage providers, etc.)
- Characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law
• Demographic information
• Device and online identifiers and related information
• Financial information
• Individual preferences and characteristics
• Internet, application, and network activity
• Personal identifiers
• Purchase history information
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information.
We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
REVIEWS AND OTHER POSTED INFORMATION
Delete My Personal Information: You have the right to ask that we delete your personal information. Once we receive a request, we will delete the personal information (to the extent required by law) we hold about you as of the date of your request from our records and direct any service providers to do the same. In some cases, deletion may be accomplished through de-identification of the information. Choosing to delete your personal information may impact your ability to use our websites and online features, including closure of your online account, and limit your use of functions that require your personal information.
Stop Selling My Personal Information: We do not share your personal information for money. We do share personal information with certain third parties in a way that may be considered a “sale”.
323 Gonic Road, Unit 6
Rochester, NH 03839